Monday, November 11, 2019

what do they know?

I get strange pop ups on Facebook

     Recently I have been getting them for a retirement community in North Carolina.
     The houses look nice, all outside maintenance included in the HOA fee.  Plus, it is warmer and not as snowy as here.
     I thought of that today as I was creeping along Flagg Road.  I had an appointment to take the German into the dealer for an oil change.  It usually takes me less than 10 minutes to reach town...took a little over 20 today. 
     Yes, I should have cancelled and waited for a more Novembery day.  But I am not very smart in  those things.
     I made it on time and then waited while they performed the estimated 90 minutes of service.
     The showroom was the coldest place I have been in lately...must have had the heat (?) on 60.  150 minutes later, my car was ready.
     Seems they drained the brake fluid, but the machine they use broke and they had to do it manually.  Then there was air in the system, so they had to redrain it and start all over.
     By the time I got home, my driveway had been plowed, I was hungry, and had a little headache from reading while waiting.
     Flagg Road was better.....but not great.  There was another car in the ditch, so it was still slick.
     As I sit here, the wind is howling.  My toes are cold.  And North Carolina is looking pretty good.
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment