Friday, November 8, 2019

odds and ends

Kind of another strange day

     Made contact with someone I went to NIU with a long time ago.  We exchanged pleasantries and he directed me to a Facebook page featuring a group of people I had known from various classes.
     I saw two names of classmates who have died.  I know a couple of others not listed. 
     Suddenly I felt old and vulnerable.
     Sometimes remembering the past also means remembering that we all have a limited time on this fragile planet.
     On a happier note, put up three gallon bags of carrots today.  I love carrots.  I have a couple more to finish tomorrow.  I think I will chop these instead of doing rounds.  Maybe they are the secret to a long life.
     We are no longer a hole in the wall gang.  Our wall is repaired and painted.  That is the good news.  Bad news, I think I grabbed the wrong paint.   We have a two toned wall.  Unless it dries a lot lighter.  A lot.
     Went out to enjoy a couple of glasses of red with a group in Creston.  They meet once a month in the old wine store.  Everyone brings a snack and their own wine.
    I usually don't go because it seems to fall on a zoo day and I don't want to be gone 8 hours and then leave that night.  But today was not a zoo day, so it was fun talking with people and sipping the nectar of the vine.
     Last night I drove out to the park to watch the sunset for a minute or two.  I was on my way back from Emily and John's house and the west looked darn pretty.
     My phone does not do it justice.

Even got geese in the scene!


Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment