Tuesday, November 19, 2019

not enough words

I am in a quandary of sorts tonight

     I know, Dickow is a funny guy.  But not tonight.
     I had to take the German back up to Rockford because the brakes were really soft.
     My phone rang while I was in the bathroom at the dealership.  By the time I got back to my phone, Jackie had hung up.
     I tried calling but did not get through.
      Tried the house phone, but could not get an answer.
     Eventually she Facetimed me using her watch.
     She fell in the bathroom. 
     I called John, but he was in Sycamore.  So Kevin and Mary Kay came to the rescue and Emily took off from work to help.
     Jackie is not hurt.  She landed softly.  It's the fifth time in the last month she has fallen.  We are dodging bullets.
     It is clear we have to make changes in our living situation.  After talking with Emily, we thought it would be good to have additional help at times.  Also, getting an electric scooter to facilitate movement around the house would be helpful.  Possibly having some physical therapy in home a couple of times a week to build up balance and maybe prevent further deterioration of her mobility.
     So tomorrow we start the challenge of getting more help.
     I tell you, it was frightening to be away from home, not knowing what her situation was because she was all alone.
     I have said so many times before, I hate MS.  I hate what it has done to my wife, to my family, our friends, me.........  I can also say I am frustrated, and scared. 
   That's all I have tonight.
Peace and Love
   

No comments:

Post a Comment