Wednesday, June 19, 2019

wet willy

I went for a short bike ride today

     I started out dry, but by the time I was almost home, it started to rain.  Not a heavy rain, just a light drizzle.
     Now, the practical me should have ridden right home.
     But the nostalgic me continued riding, going 3 more miles in the rain.
     Why?
     Because last year at this time I was biking in the Netherlands with Bob and Diane and it rained on us.  A lot.  We biked in downpours, mists, sprinkles and just plain under the threat of rain.
     It was great. 
     So when I biked today, I didn't see Rochelle.  I saw the Dutch countryside, including windmills and the Ijsselmeer.  I watched goats graze on the grassy sides of the path and saw the paragliders sail over the water.
     The only thing missing was the apple cake with whipped cream.
     Thanks for the memories.....
Pece and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment