Thursday, June 6, 2019

invaders

I found some new holes in my yard

     Several, as a matter of fact.
     I was cursing those ground squirrels as I was mowing, when suddenly out of the grass ran a baby rabbit!
     Honestly, in the almost 7 years we have lived here, I have not seen a rabbit.     Now there were babies running everywhere!.
     Well, truth be told, there were two babies running.
     It seems I was mistaken when I thought Corki had caught some baby ground squirrels....they were rabbits.  To be truthful, they did not look like rabbits or ground squirrels, but I figured they must be the squirrels because we don't see rabbits.
     Corki got three of them last week.  I found a fresh kill today, so she seems to have gotten four babies and I saw two running around.
     She doesn't eat them, just kills them. 
     When I let her into the back yard today, she was actually stalking the area where I think the rabbit den was. 
     Ground squirrels. Rabbits.  Deer.  It's like living in the country.
     Just keep the coyotes away, please.
Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment