Sunday, June 23, 2019

lesson learned

I always lose when I procrastinate

     We have a local hardware store celebrating a grand opening.  They advertised propane tank refills for $9.99.  Normally refills are around $20 or more.  So that is a good deal.
     The offer was good all weekend.
     I got up at early this morning with the intent of being at the store by 9, because they also had a special where you buy a 5 gallon bucket for $1 and then everything you put in it is half price.
     Well, I finally left the house  at 1:30.   The place was packed.  I was in line for about 15 minutes and when I got to the counter with my bucket and my request for propane, they ran out of gas. 
     I had all weekend to save $10 and I blew it!
     However, I did buy a lot of stuff.....a timer to turn hoses on and off, two more hose nozzles, bully sticks for the dog, work gloves, bug spray, butane lighters and a couple of Salted Nut Rolls.
     My bill was $66.....which is half of what I would have paid.  The only things I didn't need were the nut rolls, but I really like them.
     So I saved some money, but could have saved a lot more if I had gone earlier.
     Procrastination hurts...yet I have not learned my lesson.  Someday, maybe.
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment