Monday, February 5, 2018

yowzeer

On occasion, I do something stupid

     I put in some LED bulbs in the den light today.  That should be a relatively simple task, but 25 minutes later I was finally finishing.
     The fixture has two pull strings running down from the middle, one for the fan and one for the light
     I have to disconnect the extensions in order to slide the base off.  My fingers don't work as well as they used to, and it was an effort to unsnap the little buggers.
     After I got the globe off, I discovered the lamp has small base bulbs.  Luckily, by accident I bought some small base bulbs that Jackie did not like, so into the light they went.
     Then I had to hold the cover, feed the two pull strings down trough the appropriate holes and slide the base on.  That was a challenge.  It took a while, but I finally got it done.
     I get frustrated.  Jackie asked if she could help and I said, sure, climb up on the stool and hold these little chains.  Needless to say, I worked alone.
     I got finished and turned on the light.  Nothing.  Nada.  Not a glimmer.
    You guessed it...I pulled the light chain in the process turning it off.  Once I pulled the chain again, there was light.
     (Hence giving credence to the expression:  You are yanking my chain!)
     Tonight I have a sore throat.  So I went to mix a hot toddy, but I don't have any whiskey.
     I do have a bottle of apple brandy, however.
     I do not know why I have a bottle of apple brandy.  I do not know when, or where, it came from.  I had a glass.  It certainly has a bit of a kick to it.
     I just hope alcohol doesn't go bad...... but it is making me very tired and my throat seems to not be so scratchy....so, maybe another glass?
     Until morning, when I have to clear the driveway, peace out.  And please excuse any grammar mistakes tonight.  My head is a little fuzzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment