Saturday, February 3, 2018

decisions

We went to a fund raising gala tonight

     The annual From the Heart event was held tonight, and Jackie and I went.
     This event raises money for 8 agencies that serve Rochelle area residents.      Tickets are pricey, and there is an auction and various raffles throughout the night.
     In the past I have bought two Ernie Banks items, some baskets, and had a fun time with the silent auction.
     But tonight was a little different.  I looked at all the sports memorabilia and thought........do I want it at this point in life?
     Now, that isn't meant as a geez I am going to die soon type comment, but a fact of life.  I have too much stuff.
     So I was talking to a friend and when she asked if I was buying any of the sports stuff, I said,  "I am at the point in life where if I can't drink it or eat it, I don't need it."
     And then the items I bid on went to higher bidders, because I am also fairly cheap.
     I almost went back on that idea when the autographed Willson Contreras jersey was auctioned, and again when the Kyle Hendricks shirt was sold.  But I didn't even nibble.
     There may come a day when I regret that, but I don't think it will be anytime soon.
    And who knows....next year they may have another Ernie Banks item.  I'd bid on that.  While I have too much stuff, there is never enough Ernie to go around.


No comments:

Post a Comment