Monday, February 19, 2018

hmmm....a plan

I may have a chance to be an Olympian

     There is an American skier competing on the Hungarian half pipe team.
     She qualified for the Olympics by competing in half pipe world cup competitions.  All she had to do was finish in the top 30 in a certain number of events each year.  Her best performance came when she finished 13th.....out of 15.
     Most of the events she entered has less than 30 competitors, so she automatically made the top 30.
     Although she lives in the US, her grand parents are from Hungary, so she competed for that country.
     At first I thought this was pretty sneaky.  I still think so.
     But I read an article about her and her reasoning seemed pretty simple:  She did it to inspire young people everywhere that it is never to lake to pursue a goal.  She started skiing the half pipe at age 25....she is now 33.
     She does a flip during her performance.  Other skiers are doing double and triple somersaults in the air.  She does one flip.
     But she did not fall, and that's pretty impressive.
     Now I' m thinking....is there a sport that few people compete in, and a sport I can do?
     Then all I have to do for the next four years is travel the world and enter as many qualifying events as possible.
     I may have to start an on line fund drive to help me pay for all the flights, hotels, wine, equipment, lessons, medical care, wine, and any miscellaneous expenses, like wine.
     The more I think about it, the more excited I get!
     Imagine....Terry Dickow....Olympian.
     That would be cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment