Thursday, February 15, 2018

well, a job done

I finally finished a four month project

     I changed the battery in my Honda key fob.
     It started about 4 months ago when I noticed my fob was intermittently locking and unlocking the doors.  So I bought a CR1616 battery.
     I took the fob apart, and could not figure out where the battery went, so I put it back together again.
     It got worse and worse.  This week, it no longer would open the door, I had to use the key.
     So I went on YouTube and searched for changing a key fob battery.  I watched it, paid close attention, then decided to make the change.
    That was three days ago.
     I took the fob apart and went to get the battery, which I know I put on the shelf with the drinking glasses.
     It wasn't there, but I did find a CR 2032, which has to go somewhere.
     Next I looked in our highly organized kitchen drawer.
    Jackie came out and stared.  "What the hell are you doing?"  But it was too late.  By then everything was out of the drawer.  No battery.
     However it did help with my resolution of cleaning one drawer or shelf a week.
    Next I looked in my sock drawer.
    Not there, but I did manage to toss out some old socks and a couple of the free ones you get in the hospital as a reward for successfully surviving a colonoscopy.  Personally, I would have preferred a lollipop.
     And again, I cleaned out another drawer as part of my resolution. 
     By then I was tired.
     I went to the store today and found a battery.  Incidentally, the huge box store with the smiley face does not carry them, but the corner drug store had them.
     In a sense of deja vu, I bought the battery, rewatched the YouTube video, changed my battery and now the fob works.
    I impressed myself.
     By the way, the video I watched was 8 minutes of a guy changing the battery.  He could have done it in two.  The best part was when he found an extra piece of plastic and said, "I don't know where it came from but I'm not going to worry about it."
     The kitchen drawer is a typical junk drawer....here's why.

I don't know what the yellow this is or does....looks like a plug.  Not sure about the black doohickeys either.  One of the car tags is for the Civic I got rid of in 2013.

How many bags can I possibly clip?  And we have enough corn holders for a large party!!

9025 has a zebra code on the opposite side.....The handiwipes come with carryouts, which might explain my weight.  And Shout?  I spill, but never use it.

Life's mysteries, eh?






No comments:

Post a Comment