Sunday, February 18, 2018

curling, skating and jumps, oh my!!

I hope you are watching the Olympics

     No, not 24 hours a day, although I think you could.  But as often as you can.
     Watching the bobsledders today, a two man team from Germany flipped part way down the course and finished the race upside down!  They hunkered down in the sled and rode out the race, uninjured, and very happy they survived.  These sledders go 70 or 80 miles an hour!  Amazing.
     Same with the downhill skiers.  I think the women are a stronger bunch for the US this year.  I hope Lindsey and Makaela bring home some gold.  It is not an easy sport and I admire the courage and skill they display.
     I love watching the skiers go downhill.....it's beautiful, and  I wish I had the chance to learn how to do that when I was younger.  But Chicago isn't an ideal place to learn to ski....and Rochelle isn't much better.
     If you have not watched, you are running out of time.
     Now for our own roller coaster event:  weather.  Cold, warm, rain, thunder, snow, cold, warm..........should be an interesting few days.




No comments:

Post a Comment