Thursday, February 8, 2018

what???

My vocabulary seems to be shrinking

     "What" is my most often used word, followed by "where is" and its corollary,       "Have you seen my...."  "Sorry" comes up a lot too.
     Example:  Mostly true conversation.

She:  Do we still have some Rum Chatta left?
Me:  What?
She:  Rum Chatta.  Do we still have some?
Me:   Yes, do you want some?
She:   Yes.  And could you get me a cookie too?
Me.   Sure.  Give me a sec.

30 minutes later, this conversation takes place.

She:  Are you bringing me some Rum Chatta?
Me:    What?
She:  Rum Chatta.  You said you would bring me some.
Me:   Oh, yeah.  Sorry.

     It's not like I don't hear her, but I don't hear her.  There is a difference, and every married guy reading that will be nodding his head.
    And I get distracted.  Facebook, fake news, spider solitaire, letting the dog out, letting the dog in.....all of those distract me from the conversation and the task.
     I need to just get up right then and do it. 
     In my defense, I also do it to myself.
     I make lunch, sit down, and don't have a drink.  I get a drink, and forget some other needed item.
     I write stuff down when I go to the store, then lose the note.
    And today, I had 3 different commitments.  In between one and two, I went home and changed clothes.  I realized after leaving commitment 2 I did not have my cell phone.  I found out while leaving commitment 3 I actually did have my cell phone in the pocket of my sweatshirt.
     Now, I had 7 pockets on my coat that I checked, and four pockets on my pants.  But I could not find my phone.  If I hadn't been looking for the grocery list, I never would have found it.  Since it was on silent, it would have been a tough search.
     And shopping without a list?  That is always a challenge. 
    Today it worked out, but the next time will be a different story.
    Sleep tight, shovel light
      enjoy the restful day tomorrow




No comments:

Post a Comment