Wednesday, January 3, 2018

up, up and away

Julia went back to Switzerland today

     She says she is going home, I say she is going back.  It's a matter of perspective, I think.
     Anyway, thanks to Emily and Camryn for going to the airport with me.  Emily is afraid I will get confused and lost, so she decided to come along.
     Actually, I did get lost once in the past.  I dropped people off at departures and drove to the parking lot.  But the turn for the lot is in the far left, and I could not get over there in time.
    So I ended up going out on Mannheim and then driving until I found a spot I could turn around.  Then I headed back to the parking lot.
     It only took about 20 minutes to make it back.
    Today there was no such problem.
     Julia had 3 suitcases, and when she checked in the agent asked if we all had our ticket information and passports.  His eyebrows raised up a little when she said all the bags were hers.
     What does she take back?
     Eye solution, canned soups, clothes, and things that are cheap here yet cost a fortune over there.
     She should be landing in Frankfort at about 1 a.m. our time, and Geneva about 3.
     I probably will be asleep by then.
     Probably.
    Anyway, here's the day, in pictures.




Yes, we did buy tickets!




No comments:

Post a Comment