Saturday, January 27, 2018

dyslexia??

I swear I am dyslexic

     I helped at a speech meet today.  I was supposed to be in room 301 at 11:30.  So at 11:15 I settle in the room and ask for critique sheets.
     After getting them, I look at my list and realize I am supposed to be in room 344.
     I apologize, give back the sheets and leave.
     I get into the hallway and look to double check......and I am supposed to be in room 344 at 12:30.
     I was in the right room, but was looking at the wrong sheet.
     I went back into the room and apologized, asking for the sheets again.
     I have done that a couple of times at speech tournaments.  If I am supposed to be in 321, I go to 312. 
     The only time I seem to be right is when it is 101 or 222.
    And it is pretty darn eye opening when you are sitting in a room filled with people who you realize could be one quarter your age!  I could be their great grandpa in some cases!!  Or at least grand dad.
     One of the funniest lines I heard today:  a boy said, "I have literally been standing here for 30 seconds....and yes, I timed it."
     I thought it was funny.
     A bar owner in New York City has posted a sign that says anyone using the word literally will be thrown out.  He is tired of people using it incorrectly, so he literally plans to toss them!  Figuratively speaking, I bet he has said that a million times.
     And the best news of the day....garbage men came before 7 and picked up the garbage I did not put out yesterday because they said they were a day late but came on time.
     All's well that doesn't smell.
     Peace and love, dudes and dudettes!

No comments:

Post a Comment