Thursday, November 30, 2017

best laid plans....

This was a messed up day

     Three things to accomplish today:  Dickens Village up, mower washed, hay spread over strawberries.
     3.
     What the hell happened?
     We started to put up the village and with the new table son in law John made us, discovered we were out of "snow."  This is the batting that looks like winter.
     So I went to Wallyworld.  Figured I might as well get gas, and while I was there deliver a calendar.....a little over an hour later I was on my way home.
     But it is only about 12:30, so plenty of time.  Should be done by 2 so I can get outdoors.
     Then the dam music box house came out of the box.
     If you have ever seen these villages, they were carefully created by some low paid Asian workers and resold at a price to people like us, who like the Dickens era and decided to collect a couple of pieces.
     Since Jackie is a little hard to buy for, she got new pieces for several years.  I think there are 15 houses, plus shrubbery, lights, people.....and believe me, I love looking at it.
     But the music box house.
     There are plug in lights that you push in until the metal hangers catch on the rim.  Then you plug them all into a power bar.
     Not the music box house.
     That plug in space isn't right.  The light fell into the house last year.  At 1 p.m. today, I attempted to take the light out of the house.  That could be accomplished by bending the latching prongs together and pulling out the plug.
     At 2:15 I took a break from that task and had lunch.
     At 3 p.m. I got the tin snips and cut the sons of butterflies and pulled the whole plug out and tossed it.
     I used another plug, which doesn't fit right.  As a matter of fact, none of the other plugs we have fit this particular house, even though they are all "the same."  And yes, if you look closely you may see the duct tape that is holding the plug in place.
     So I took a walk with Corki to "collect" my thoughts.
     It's almost 9 p.m. and Jackie is putting out the trees and people.  We did watch TV, after the lights got hooked up and everything worked.
     I even found the remote control plugs I bought last year!  All we have to do to turn on the villages and the tree is hit a button.  Simple magic.
     Jackie just yelled.  There's a light out in one of the houses.
     Better not be the music box house.  I don't think I can take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment