Monday, November 20, 2017

memo??

I missed the memo on lawn mowing today

     Three of my neighbors mowed, and I felt guilty watching them.
     I suppose I should mow one last time, then clean off the mower for the first time this year, and put it away until spring.  But I just can't bring myself to do that.
     Yes, the grass is a little long, but not bad.  And maybe I should trim it up a little before it gets covered in snow.
     But just the thought of mowing sends shivers down my spine, matey.  It is cold.  It is too cold to mow and too cold to bike, although I saw my neighbor out biking today.
     Why do these people keep proving me wrong?
     I  did hang Christmas lights outside.
     I actually got them up and in the right spot.  I tested them, and they look nice.
     While unpacking them, I tried all of them to be sure they worked.  Imagine my surprise when one strand of my made in an Asian country lights didn't light.       I paid good money for them (actually, they were half price after Christmas) and I just didn't think they would fizzle out after one year.
     These are LED lights and I guess there is a fuse somewhere.  Of course, I did not throw out the lights because in my wild imagination I fix them.
     In addition to not mowing, I did not trim.  I have some areas where the grass is pretty long and I should get out the trimmer and go at it.  In due time.
     On a positive note, weeding isn't necessary.
     Come Monday (no, I am not channeling Buffet in preparation for the musical) the golf cart goes and I will have room in the garage for the patio chairs.
     I suppose I will hang the bike too.  I am thinking of a little ceremony when I do that, maybe hum Queen's "Bicycle" as I raise it to the rafters, signaling the end to another summer season.
     It seems like just a week ago I was taking it down, and getting the mower ready, and calling for the golf cart.
     Gosh...time flies when you get older!!


No comments:

Post a Comment