Tuesday, November 14, 2017

number nine, number nine, number nine

I have passed the 100,000 mark!

      I just checked my stats, and  this little blog has 100,009 page views.
     Thank you very much.
     Maybe the next 100,000 will come faster!
     Which is another topic.
     I want to vent about an on line order I placed.  I won't mention the retailer, but they are large.
     We need new towels.  I don't want to buy towels not made in the US, because years ago our textile industry was huge.  But since consumers wanted cheaper priced towels, most of it went overseas and the jobs disappeared and the towns fell on hard times.
     There is a company that still makes towels in the US, and their products are sold by this big company.
     So I ordered sets of hand towels and face cloths.  Two hand towels, two face cloths of each of several colors:  tan, tavertine, white, turquoise.  total 8 hand towels, 8 face cloths.  (And why does that word not look right?  Cloths?  Huh)
    Sounds simple, right?
    Today I got half the shipment:  4 towels and 3 face cloths.  I contacted customer service.  They are sending me a replacement.  I wouldn't call it a replacement, since I never received one, but you say tomato, I say tomahto.
     Then the customer service rep said the rest of my order, including 3 hand towels of the same color I received today, was due to arrive tomorrow.  Along with wash cloths of a color I don't remember ordering.
     I went back to the order confirmation sheet and it does not tell me the item number or color.  Just hand towel set of 2 and the price.
     So who knows what I am getting.
     This whole process might make be decide to buy the foreign towels next time.
     But enough of my kvetching.  I actually don't know if that is a word, I think it is.  Oh well.
     Again, thanks for reading, thanks for liking it, thanks for telling me I bring a little humor into your life.
     Peace out, dudes and dudettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment