Wednesday, November 8, 2017

huff and puff

I started something new today

     When I had my stent work in August, I asked the good doc for a script for cardiac rehab.
     True, I did not have a heart attack.  But I need to lose weight and I don't do well exercising on my own.
     So today I started cardio at the local hospital.
     I walk on the treadmill, ride the stationary bike, and do the rowing machine, which hurts my arms  because I am so pathetically weak.
     The only problem is I have to be there at 8 a.m.   I don't do well at that hour.  So I am trying to go to bed earlier.
     Last  night I went to bed at 10:30 and then listened to the cuckoo tell me it was 11, then 12, and either at 12:30 or 1, I finally fell asleep. 
     I would have gone earlier, but I got involved in a Scrabble game on line.  I play against the computer and it beats me every time.
     I may take 5 minutes to lay down a word and on its turn, it takes 5 seconds for a combination that is double or triple mine.  I just don't see the words on top of words, if you know what I mean.
     Jackie is feeling better tonight.  She has been sick for a couple of days, which means I have been on the run for a couple of days. 
     I have not forgotten my calendar obligations, hopefully will get them all delivered next week.
     And I had a great time today in Coop's room reading a story to first graders.  We did a paired reading and it was a fun activity.
     I was impressed I showed up on the right day this time, and even at almost the right hour.
     Maybe exercise is helping my brain.
     Nah...it is beyond help!
     Less than 1,000 to 100,000!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment