Saturday, October 29, 2016

who is that?

I love Halloween

     I was a volunteer at the zoo today and hundreds, no thousands, of kids of all ages were there in costume.
     One girl, she looked about 9 or 10, was dressed in this really neat outfit with a leather helmet, goggles, leather jacket, balloon type pants and boots.  Her mother was taking her picture and I asked her, "Is she Amelia Earhart?"
     Mom said yes.  The girl read a book about her for class and did a book report.      The little girl then decided to be Earhart for Halloween and researched her clothing, picking out everything herself.
     I swear, she was a spitting image for the aviator!  Only a lot younger.
    Another family was the Wizard of Oz , with mom the scarecrow, a little girl Dorothy, the lion.....dad was the tin man, but had to work today.
     There were just a variety of neat costumes.
     That is one of the things I miss about teaching, and living in a neighborhood with kids.  We don't get many trick or treaters.....last year I think I ended up eating all the candy.
     But darn it, those youngsters are cute!
     And it would be more fun answering the door than watching the Bears.


No comments:

Post a Comment