Sunday, October 23, 2016

pardon??

I never said that!

     In the last 24 hours, I realize that I, and thousands of people, have uttered a phrase they had never said before!
     Think of it....I am 68 years and never said this sentence.  Yes, I have said words: To.  Cubs. Going. Are.  The.  World Series.
     But never in the order I used last night and several times today.
     I thought of other sentences I have never said out loud.
     For example:
     Your elephant is standing on my foot.
     Please take your car out of my living room.
     I was able to by four World Series tickets.
     Never said any of those.
     But last night I said:  The Cubs are going to the World Series.
     Even now, it sounds a little odd.  I may have to say it a few more times to believe it.
     Meanwhile, I will be thinking of other sentences I have never said.  Sentences that involve the words win.  six.  Cubs.
     And maybe I'll even find a miracle and utter another sentence out loud I never thought I would say, one that involves tickets.
     Hey, I can dream, can't I??
     After all, I've been dreaming about his for a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment