Sunday, October 2, 2016

Gonna visit the greats

Made it to the Hall of Fame in one piece!

     Our hotel  room does have a roll in shower, so no climbing over the tub edge.  It is rather small, but it is a roll in, so that is good.
     But the best part of the day was supper.
     Not only did we meet up with my cousin Bob and his wife Anita, we met Karissa K., a former student, as well.
     She is in graduate school here and we had a great time talking about her future, life, and the good old days in fifth grade in Rochelle.  How come every student remembers the Dickow Dump???
     The only downside was I forgot to take a picture!!  I can't believe we sat there all night  (or t least two hours) and I didn't take a shot.  Hopefully we will run into her tomorrow.....I know where she works, so I will officially become a stalker......
     Cousin Bob and Anita live in Syracuse and drove down to join us.  They are staying in the same hotel, and have lots of coupons for Cooperstown attractions.  I can't remember the last time we saw each other, but it was quite a while ago.
     Tomorrow the Hall of Fame is on tap.  It'll be my chance to visit all the great Cubs and even some of the other players.
     I hear Pete Rose sometimes hangs around in front, selling autographs.  I bet he is there tomorrow.
     I do feel like I am getting a cold.....but life goes on.
     Since we spent most of the day driving and eating, no pictures.
     But hopefully I'll have some tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment