Saturday, October 8, 2016

curse? ha!!

I have been a Cub fan since ...... well, long ago

     My heart was broken in 1969.  I still have dreams about that year.
     I've been to my share of games where the crowd was in the hundreds, and the team was pretty bad.
     This year is different.
     Talent.  Heart.  Competitive.  And a desire to have fun.
     That's what makes these guys interesting.
     I do think they will win the World Series.  I do think they will take San Fran in 4 games.  I do think this is the year.
     I've watched them for years, but it is all a blur.  The teams that almost made it only to have a ball go through the legs of a first baseman, or a team melt down after a foul ball, or all the other times they have come up short.
     And the players.  Not just these guys, but Ronnie, Fergie, Ernie, Billy, Randy, Ken, Starlin, Shawon, Lee, Derek, Ryno....I could go on but you all know them.
     They all came up a little short.
     But these guys won't.
     No curse.  No jinx.  No excuses.
     This is the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment