Thursday, October 20, 2016

gimme the nice bright colors

I took a drive on the wild side

     Jackie had physical therapy Wednesday, so we took a little drive down Ill. 2 to look for some fall colors.
     There were some yellows and browns and even some red in the trees and elsewhere.
     Sometimes I forget how  beautiful Ogle County is.  Seriously.  We are fortunate to live in a county with three parks, a state forest, and a huge prairie owned by the Nature Conservancy.  Seeing it reminded me to take advantage of some of those offerings.
     Anyway, it's a nice drive down Ill. Rt. 2.  We went to Lowden and looked at the statue by Taft.....and if you have not seen it lately I suggest you go before it crumbles to pieces.  Truly, it is a shame to see that great landmark is such a deplorable state.
     Anyway, enough of my carping about the problems of life.
     Here are some pictures.


This soccer ball was stuck in the backwater by Oregon...kind of gross looking

For years I have been saying let's do this....just have not.  Yet.


Look at the arms.....so sad to see it like this


Damn fence got in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment