Thursday, October 13, 2016

that toddlin' town

I spent the day in Chicago today

     Our niece and her two boys were in from Switzerland for a visit.  They went to the city today and I joined them.
     We met at Ogilvie station at 10 a.m.
     Let me explain something.
     To take the 8:05 train, I have to leave the house at 6:45.  To leave the house at 6:45 I have to get up at 5:50.  That is A.M.  I am retired!   I usually don't get up until 8:30 or 9!
     Wednesday I had a 7 a.m. Rotary meeting.  I got up at 6 for that.  Again, that is A.M.
     Tomorrow I have a zoo day.........
     Throw in a couple of late night games, lack of falling asleep due to a heightened state of happiness or angst, and you'll see why I am tired.
     But spending time with Megan, Michael and Ben was worth it.  We don't get to see each other very often, so I was very happy to join them.  Unfortunately Jackie did not go.  She just can't do the walking and moving that would have been required of her today.
     Anyway, here are some pictures to explain what we did and saw today.

Even the fountain at Daley Plaza was flowing Cubbie blue!

Farmers market in the plaza....very common in Swiss towns too

the pigeons were looking for heat.  If they get too close, it could be dinner!

Billy!!

Ronnie!

Mr. Cub and the boys


banners are up

We walked to my old house, where their grandfather lived.  My brother Denny is Michael's dad, but Michael could not make the trip.  

checking out the seals at Lincoln Park Zoo


on the boardwalk

getting a feel for the Earth




No comments:

Post a Comment