Wednesday, October 19, 2016

it's in the books

I get really anxious watching the Cubs

     Are my expectations that they will make the World Series too much?  Are they overrated?  Over matched?  Have they peaked?
     Then they put together a game like today's a 10-2 win and I feel giddy!!
     My W is flying proudly!!
     I will sleep soundly, unlike last night.
     I tell you, I had a rough night.
     First I knocked the lamp shade off the lamp and scared the heck out of Corki.  She would not go back to her bed.
     I was kind of flailing around with my blanket and I banged the shade.  Please understand, the shade is no longer attached because the lamp is broken.  I guess I better fix it or get it fixed.
     That guy who dresses like a captain in the hotel commercial?  He hung around with me and got me into all sorts of trouble. It seems it is not ok to walk naked in your own backyard!
     He was so crazy, he (and a 68 year old prostate) got me up a couple of times during the night.
     Of course the recurring dreams of a break in got me up.
     Checking on the light of the moon was a reason to wander the house at 2.
     So I was a little tired today.
     But tonight, I will sleep well....because the boys in blue are back.
     Good night.  Bonne nuit.  




No comments:

Post a Comment