Thursday, October 8, 2015

update on the dog front

We have had our dog for two weeks

     It seems like forever.
     That is not a bad thing.  It just seems so natural having her around, like she has been here for much longer than two weeks.
     So far, no accidents in the house.
     Jackie lets her up on the couch when she is sitting there so she can pet the dog.  I think that is important, otherwise little Corki will think Jackie doesn't like her.
     Jackie can feed her and can take her out the front door.  Fridays are a test, because I am gone all day and Jackie is the responsible adult in the house.
the leg humping seems to have slowed.  It has not stopped.  The underground fence guy was here Wednesday and twice she tried to make love to his leg.  It seems to be the new people in the house that get some leg loving.
     Corki likes just being outside.  We will go out and she stands there, just feeling the wind in her hair.
     I shiver.
     She spends the night in her crate.  I haven't been locking the door, and even have left it open a couple of times.  She generally stays in the crate.  I want her to feel comfortable in it, because when we are gone for a while she will be in there.
     I forgot to buy a pooper scooper.  I need one before I mow.  For a little dog, she drops a load!
     We had her checked out by Emily's vet and they ran a heart worm test.  It came back negative, so she does not have heart worms.  That is a relief.
     A couple of problems have surfaced.
     She likes our bed.  I have chased her off a couple of times.  Not a big issue, but we don't want it to be a habit.
     Issue two.  A couple of times when I have gone, she finds my clothes on the floor and just lays  there until I get back.
     In a sense that is natural.  I play on the floor with her, and I walk her, so we spend quality time together.  If Jackie got on the floor, she'd stay there until I got home.  So we do allow her on the couch.  She can sit next to Jackie and get her tummy scratched.  She loves that.
     That's all the news there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment