Wednesday, October 7, 2015

it's only one game

I am not too excited about tonight's Cubs win

    I know it was a one and done, and beating Pittsburgh was great.
    But it was only one game.  Don't celebrate too much, because the dreaded Cards are on tap Friday and Saturday.
     My prediction:  Cubs win Friday, lose Saturday, win Monday and Tuesday to advance to the championship.
     I said during spring training that this was a wild card year.  I did expect them to make the wild card game, but I really didn't have giant hopes beyond that.
     Now I do.
     Since July these guys have been playing great baseball.  Every game is a potential win, even games in which they are trailing late.
     Maybe it's a Back to the Future thing.  Maybe the curse was actually that movie being made and the Cubs being unable to win until October of this year!
     All I know is this has been a fun season....and I don't want it to end.
     Let's Go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment