Wednesday, January 1, 2020

No!! No!! No!!!

Now is the time of year I dread

     It's not because of the cold.  Or the 8 pounds I seem to have gained since Halloween.
     It is because Epiphany is approaching, and that is the end of Christmas.  The 12th day, with the drummers drumming, pipers piping, maids a milking and all the other folks and critters in that songall going away for  almost a year.
     Generally, Christmas is put away that day and the next in our household.  It just doesn't seem right.
     I only put up the lights five weeks ago, the tree about the same time and the Dickens Village less then that.
     Now, it all goes away.
     I was thinking the other day that we could leave it up longer....like late January or early February, but Jackie did not think that was a good idea. 
     Tomorrow the temperature will be near 50.  Then it drops.  I guess taking down the lights when it is 50 is better than taking them down when it is 17 and they are frozen.
     So......tomorrow it starts.  If you are free, come buy and help me and I will offer you some cookies and hot tea. 
     But be prepared to boost my spirits, because it really is a sad time for me. 
Peace and Love and Christmas year round

No comments:

Post a Comment