Friday, January 17, 2020

baby, it's cold outside

I think winter may be here

     Finally.  Windy, snowy, rainy, cold, could get icy.....a fun night to stay inside.
     I did go out to shovel the porch.  A certain lady in the house (Not Jackie, in case anyone had smart ass remarks) seems to do her business on the snow on the porch, and then walk out into the yard.
      So I am shoveling the porch when she goes out to discourage that behavior.
     It's storms like this that make me want to put on my heavy coat and just go outside and listen to the wind and the precip hitting the ground.  But I have not done that tonight.  Call me lazy, but I am settled in.
     I plan to turn on the fireplace and read for a while.  Maybe have a cookie.  Or two.
     Jackie has already gone to bed and is fast asleep.  Corki is curled up in her bed.  I am tired, but not tired, if that makes sense.
     There are a lot of accidents on 39 and 38 between Creston and Rochelle.  If you don't have to travel, stay home.
     I say that knowing SIL John is in Wisconsin preparing for a 64 mile endurance race called the Frozen Otter.  Friend Carrie is also attempting to finish, she came close last year.
     I'll be thinking of them while I sit in my warm chair reading a book.  And munching a cookie.  Or two.
 Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment