Thursday, January 9, 2020

road trip

We took a little drive today

     We went to Harry Carey's in Lombard for lunch.
     Although it  really confuses me.  The restaurant is in the Yorktown Shopping Center, but it has a Lombard address.  I keep thinking Lombard is farther south, but I must be wrong...again.
     Anyway, we met John and Kathy for lunch and had a great time.  Emily, Julia, Jackie, me and the Chicago folks sat around for 2 hours and just chatted. The food was pretty good....I had fish and chips, getting ready for going somewhere where fish and chips is a regular offering.
     The restaurant was not busy considering it was lunch time.  I think there were just a couple of other tables.
     Jackie sometimes needs help navigating the handicapped bathroom stalls.  So I often help her.  There was no on in the bathroom, but we got into the stall and some women came in.
    I yelled, "Just so you know, I am in the last stall with my wife."  They said no problem and did their business.
     Now I wondered what they thought we were doing in the last stall.
     But worse, I was afraid to leave!  Let's just say after 50 years, privacy is not longer a concern.
     And tonight, a friend of Julia's came over and we sat in on their conversation and I enjoyed a couple of glasses of vino.
     Good friends, good food, good times, good day, good night.
Peace and Love, not war

No comments:

Post a Comment