Monday, October 7, 2019

ride 'em cowboy

I have not been a good biker this year

     I keep track of my miles.   And it is not good.
     As of today, I have ridden about 248 miles this summer.  That may seem like a lot, and in a way it is.
     But last year I rode 609 miles.  Granted....over 100 of those were in the Netherlands on our biking trip, but that still makes almost 500 miles of riding in the states.
     In 2017 I rode 349 miles.  No trips, just riding.
     So....I have a ways to go to even match 2017 and no way I can match last year, unless I ride to DesMoines in the next month or so.
     I need a riding group.  And not young, thin guys in their super tight spandex.  Older folks.  A couple of people who regularly ride, whether it is the bike path or a bike trail.  A biking club that rides.  I know there are clubs in DeKalb and Rockford, but I really don't want to cart my bike up there to ride.
     My annual goal is always 500 miles.  Someday I would like to hit 1,000 in one summer.  I think I better get serious about that because I am not getting any younger.
     Biking is good exercise plus it gives me a mental release.  I am relaxed when I ride and when I am done.  I have great conversations, out loud, because no one else is around. 
     I have solved many problems out there on the bike.
     Summer is rapidly running out......so I better get riding.
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment