Monday, October 21, 2019

guy talk

I went to the store to buy pie pans today

     If I was organize a store, I would put all the pie baking related items in one area during peak pie baking season.  But, all that was with the rest of the goods were the graham cracker ones and I wanted plain, simple pie pans.
     I found some about 864 aisles over.  But they did not look right.  And they were labeled cake pans.
     Now to me, there is no difference. 
     As I was walking toward another section, I ran into an old friend.  He asked if I was making blueberry cake,  because I had blueberries and cake pans.  I told him we were making apple pies.  Then he told me I had the wrong pans
Pie pans have sloped sides so you can lap the crust over the edges.  Cake pans are straight up and down.
      I said they only had these, but he walked me back 967 aisles to where the pans were,
     My friend, being considerably taller than me, saw some on the space next to the cake pans.  I reached up and found a pack of 3 pie pans.  Exactly what I was supposed to get.
     Now, if I can only convince him to come over and peel apples.
     For the second day in a row, I learned something  ....you can't use cake pans for pie.
     And that sums up my lesson for the day.
Peace an Love

No comments:

Post a Comment