Saturday, October 12, 2019

Hay Day!!

I had a busy day today

     It was Hay Day in Rochelle.  For those of you who do not live here, it is a fun celebration in the downtown parking lot with activities for kids, food, and some booths from local groups.
     VCCT did an "Advice from the Old Coots" booth.  And due to my doddering age, I was one of the old coots, along with TC and Carol.   To be fair, TC is not yet an old coot, but he is getting closer every year.   We had a fun time, sitting in the 46 degree temperature with the 90 mile out of the frozen north wind.  We were there for 6 hours, starting at noon and ending at 2.  At least it seemed 6 hours.
     We had a lot of people stop and visit, but only four or five who asked for advice.  It was a fun time anyway.
     Curt the Fireman gave us hot dogs because they were cooking and passing out free dogs.....I even took one home for Jackie and it did make it home.
     The highlight was a little girl visiting her grandparents.  She attends Ravenswood Elementary in Chicago, the same school I went to!  I told her I was her size once and went there....she looked at me like I was a raving old coot.
     The morning didn't start off swell.  I am a new member in a local organization and there was a planning session at 8 a.m. today.
     I got to the location at 8......and nobody was there.  I looked in a couple of other potential meeting sites, and they were not there either.  So, I put air in my tires and got a coffee.  Jackie texted me and said she thought I told her it was a 9 a.m. start. 
      I went back to the office and at 8:55 no one had showed, so I went home.      Now I could have called someone, but I did not have the numbers with me.
     I called from home and was told they started at 8:15 and were meeting at a site I did not even know existed!
     I got there by 9:40, and it ended at 11, so I was there for half the meeting.
Somehow they did not put me on their e mail list.....so everybody else got notified except me.  That happens a lot to me.   Hmmmm..........
     I think that has been fixed.
     A thank you to Emily for mom sitting, and I am paying them back by dog watching tonight and tomorrow morning while John runs the Chicago Marathon.
     He is running for Ronald McDonald House.....and if you want to make a donation, you can still do that.
     Now for some pictures
Peace and Love

A garden wall at the zoo

Like I said, Peace and Love!  Found by Blaine Elementary in Chicago.


Old Coots ....pardon my thumb



No comments:

Post a Comment