Thursday, October 17, 2019

ouch

I have a bit of a sore throat tonight

     Blame it on stupidity.
     I opted to have some butternut squash soup for lunch today.  No, it is not home made, but it is a high sodium mass processed canned soup item that tastes pretty good.
     I heated it for 45 seconds, sipped it, stirred it, and put it on for another 30.
     I got my cup of hot water, two small chunks of cheese, a couple of crackers and sat down to sip my soup and work a crossword puzzle.
     The first spoonful was fine.  Granted, it was on the small size.
     I took a full soup spoon on the second offering and put it in my mouth.
     That's when it became apparent that I heated it too long.
     I started to swallow and it just burned the hell out of my throat and mouth.  I reached for the water, and realized it was hot water and would not be any help.
     I honestly thought I was going to drown in my own soup because it was so hot, I could not swallow.
     I finally got it down but it hurt.
     I was more shocked than anything because the first taste wasn't hot.  Well, it wasn't that hot.
     Suffice it to say, I learned my lesson about small sips.
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment