Wednesday, February 27, 2019

What the hell

     Ok, my memory is not as good as it used to be.  I admit that.
     I also admit to being able to sing lyrics to about 75 percent of songs recorded in the 50s and 60s, and almost all the Beatles songs.
     I now know that in This Diamond Ring, the line is this stone is genuine, like love should be.  For years I could not understand what they were singing.  I heard this stone is genuine, blah blah blah and see.
     And it is wrapped up like a deuce, another roller in the night.  Not wrapped up like a douche, which adds a whole new meaning to the song.
     I still don't get Louie, Louie except for we gotta go now and Mony Mony is a total audio scramble, especially the parts shouted out by drunken people at wedding receptions.  I think the word shake is said.....
     So understand, my memory is not great, but it is not terrible.
     So tonight, sitting at a church meeting, I was blindsided by a comment.  We have a new minister and at some point I told the story of me taking the wrong medicine when I had some surgery.  Instead of taking Norco for pain, I took Norvasc, which is a high blood pressure medication, for pain.   They both start Nor.  I took it maybe three times before I realized the mistake and contacted Emily, who immediately knew what I had done.
     That was funny.  Then the comment came.  "Terry has the funniest medical story I have ever heard.  But you don't know him well enough yet for him to tell it."
     I had no idea what the story was!
     I have been thinking about it and it hit me what had happened.  I asked Jackie if she remembered the situation and she said yes, and started laughing.
     But neither of us can remember when.
     Emily started it.  That's all I will say.
     But you would think if I could remember Yellow Polka Dot Bikini I would remember a hospital stay and ambulance ride to Rockford. 
      Funny how the mind works, or doesn't work.
     Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment