Tuesday, February 26, 2019

we need a psychiatrist

Our dog may be nuts

     And yes, it runs in the family.
     Our health insurance company offers a free in home health screening.  Now, this seems simple, but it is not.
     For the past several years someone calls a couple of times a year to set up the screening.
     Here is the conversation, not verbatim.
     Hello.  This is Samantha.  I am calling from Blank Insurance to arrange your free annual in home check up.
     Oh, hello.  What does this involve?
     A health care professional will come to your home and talk to you about your health.  They will review your medications, ask you about your health history and take your blood pressure.
     So, they do the same that our doctor does when we go three times a year.  So what is the difference?
     Well, this is for your insurance company.
     Why?
     So they have your health information.
     Honestly Samantha, this seems redundant.
     I understand sir, but the insurance company would like this to be done.  There is no cost.
     Ok.  Let's schedule it.
     This has happened about 5 times.  Every time we get to this point, I can hear the tap tap tap on a computer, a pause, and then Samantha comes back and says:
Sir, we don't show any health care professionals serving your area at this time.  So you can not schedule an appointment.
     The last two times they have called, I asked them if they had anyone to do  the screening as soon as she asked to schedule.  They said no, and I said, "Well, this is kind of a waste of your and my time, isn't it."
     But this time, someone was in the area.  And they did come.  A retired doctor, he just turned 80, really nice guy.
     As he was sitting at the table taking information, I noticed Corki was shaking like a leaf and pawing at the back door.  I let her out.  It was snowing.  I figured she would be back in a flash.  Minutes passed.  I went out and she was laying in the grass, shivering like mad.  She would not get up.
     I picked her up and carried her in and she sat right next to me, shaking like crazy.
     After the doctor was done, he packed up and left and Corki was fine again.
     Jackie and I think she had a flashback to her kennel days and the multiple homes she had been in before ours.  We think she was afraid he was here to take her.
     I know dogs are not supposed to have much of a memory.  I would love to know what she was thinking.
    Or maybe she is just crazy.  Who knows.
     Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment