Thursday, June 8, 2017

the streak is over

I went to a losing Cub effort tonight

     Last year we were 6-0 and won the first game this season that we attended, putting us on a 7 game winning streak.
     But.....Colorado was too strong and the Cubs too weak.
    A couple of odd things happened.  There was a young couple sitting in the row ahead of us when four guys came and sat next to them.
     They were the biggest people I have ever seen.  All four of them.  The girl in front of us was pinned between her 98 pound boyfriend and a guy who must have gone 300 easily.
    She could not move.  She sat like that for an inning and then moved over to the other side of her date, where there was an empty seat
    I was surprised she made it an inning.
    I stopped at the oasis on 294 on my way home because I was dragging.  I went to the arches and before I could order, I stepped on a phone.  I picked it up and showed it to the girls behind the counter.
    There had been a man and a woman before me, the only two people I saw.  So I started after them.
    I had to walk pretty fast to catch them.  I kept saying, "Hey blond lady..": but she didn't stop.  I caught up to them in the parking lot and asked if they had dropped a phone, but they had not.
    So I started back in and this little lady with a frantic look on her face saw me and said "Did you find a phone?"
    Not only was it her phone, but she had credit cards in it.  The people at the arches place told her I had picked it up and was headed in the other direction.
    I explained that I thought the people ahead of me had dropped it but they did not, so I was on my way back to the arches place.
   She thanked me profusely as she checked her credit cards.
    I, too, would have checked  my cards.
    Now, I am going to sleep, if all the caffeine I have had will let me.


No comments:

Post a Comment