Sunday, June 18, 2017

another father's day

I had a really nice day today

     I enjoyed the nice mild temperatures, went to church, mowed the yard, talked to Julia and had supper with Emily and John.
     The kids always think of neat gifts....a charging station for out cell phones, a book on Swiss myths and a tree.... all pretty cool.We had a bottle of wine....actually, John and I had a bottle of wine... to go with dinner:  monster burgers on the grill.
     All in all it was a pretty nice day.
     My dad died in 1978,  He was 77 years old.  I was 30 when he died, and truthfully I did not know him very well.  I wish I could talk to him now and find out about his early life, his parents, relatives left behind in Germany, things that I am curious about  but was not then.
     I always thought him to be a grumpy kind of guy, but he would have been 60 when I was entering those teen years, so maybe that grumpiness was just something parents did when their kids grew up and started listening to crazy music and questioning parents' beliefs.
     I am glad I am still around to enjoy my children....and I am doubly glad my children are around to enjoy (?) me.
    My Father's Day was pretty good....hope all of you can say the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment