Tuesday, June 27, 2017

I'm getting old

I just realized the many indicators that I am  old

     I enjoy watching fireflies more than fireworks.
     I don't like watching baseball when the Cubs are losing.
     I am wearing a sweatshirt in June.
     I have many friends in their 70s.
     I still like getting mail in the mailbox out front, not so much on the computer.
     I think people drive too fast.
     Sgt. Peppers is 50 years old.
     I forget to look at text messages.  A lot.
     I think of Friends as still on tv when in fact it went off the air 13 years ago.
     Abe Vigoda finally died and I still think Fish is a funny character.
     I want to travel by train to far away places.
     I complain about my health more than ever.
     Sometimes I can't control my farts.  Sometimes I can but choose not to.
     I never pass up a mens' room.  Never.
     I don't remember when US troops were not engaged in combat somewhere.
     I am intolerant of stupid people.
     I favor the death penalty for littering, among other crimes.
     I don't like new music and prefer listening to oldies or the Beatles.
     I remember .45 records and the little disks you had to insert to play them on a record player.
     I still love Annette on the Mickey Mouse Club.
     I remember going to Cubs games when they would not open the upper deck because the crowds were so small.
     I also remember "moving sidewalks" that carried people up and down from those upper decks.
     I remember Riverview Park and never going on the parachute drop or The Bobs.
     I remember when I used to remember where I parked my car and why I came into a room.   Those days are gone.
     Sigh...........time does pass quickly, doesn't it?




No comments:

Post a Comment