Monday, June 5, 2017

a good first

Went to my first Cub of the year tonight

     I drove in, parking at my friend John's house.  We then drove down to the old neighborhood, parked, and walked to Wrigley.
     That brought back lots of good memories:  softball in alley, nights in The Shed, hanging around with a bunch of guys that were pretty much good people.
     Anyway, the wind was blowing out of the north east at a pretty good clip and I figured no body was going to homer into that wind.
     Kris Bryant did in the first.  I said that was unusual.  Albert Almora Jr. nailed on in the fourth.  So much for my predicting skills.
     Last year we went to six games and the Cubs won all 6.  This year we have 8, and I am looking for good things.
     But now I am tired.  Thank goodness the game was less than 2 and a half hours...I got home at a pretty decent time!
     Go Cubs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment