Thursday, June 22, 2017

odds and ends

Want to look at my life?

     Noticed all the fireflies tonight....there were so many, it was amazing.  I loved watching them out on the lawns and fields.
     Oh well.....  Just a few pictures of stuff over the last few days.....
I seem to be fascinated by the sun on the rails.  So I stopped on the tracks to take this picture.  I drove toward Fowler Road and the gates were down, and I saw a very slow moving train.  So I turned around and went back down Center Road.  The gates were not down, but the ones on Flagg Road were....which confused me.  Honestly, not sure if the gates ever came down!

We lived on the third floor left, with the rounded windows behind the tree.  Our bedroom was the window below the half moon shape.  My two brothers and me shared a bedroom.  My mom and dad had a Murphy bed in the living room.  So at Christmas, they slept next to the tree!!

My grandfather built a rock garden here.  At one point there was a little stream and water fall with a fish pond at the bottom. The rock garden is gone, but I am glad to see there is still a garden.  I loved that rock garden.

After the apartment, my parents bought the house in the center I was about sixth grade and they paid $17,000, if I remember correctly.  When my mom sold it, she got $57,000 in the early 80s.  A couple of years ago it was on the market for $800,000.  All three houses were built in the 1890s.  The one on the left is a flip of the two others.


Look mom, one hand!

Two stinking hits!!!  The plaza seems a fan favorite after the game.

Clark is block off except for buses.  The hotel is where the McDonalds used to be.

Still a head above everyone else....Love Mr. Cub!

No comments:

Post a Comment