Sunday, March 19, 2017

this is getting old

I like a good breeze, but this is ridiculous

   Every time I venture outside, it is windy.
   I can't get away from it.
   Even listening to music doesn't help.
   Bob Dylan comes on singing, "The Answer is Blowin in the Wind."  My thought, what the hell was the question?
   And the Kingston Trio... "way out here they have a name, for rain and wind and fire.  The rain is Tess, the fire's Joe and they call the wind Maria."  The trio notes Maria blows the stars around and sets the clouds on fire and makes the mountains sound like folks was out there dyin! What a horrible wind!
   The Association?  Everyone Knows It's Windy.  (Ok, I believe it is actually Wendy, but that doesn't fit.)
   I can't go on because I don't remember any more titles with wind...so please, add to my list.
   My bird feeders all lean on 60 degree angles.  I have set them upright, but the wind, the mistral as it was, always pushes them down.
   My outside lights get repositioned every day.
   A bigger concern is biking season.  With winds like this, I will think several times about going for a ride.  After all, I may ride out with the wind, but I have to ride back!
   I don't even walk in the wind!
   I took Corki the other day but by the time I got halfway down the block my head was killing me because I did not wear a hat and the wind was very cold.
   So Mother Nature can restore the calmness of the heavens and I would be very happy.
   Maybe someone could just take the wind out of her sails, so to speak.


No comments:

Post a Comment