Saturday, September 10, 2016

step by step

I am actually getting some projects one

     Technically, I am not getting the projects done, but I am hiring people to do it.  Same thing.  End result, project done.
     In our last house, I think we had the inside of the front door unpainted for the full 20 plus years we lived there.
     This house has a fiberglass door that came unfinished.  That was almost 4 years ago.  I knew what I wanted, I was just uncertain how to get there.
     A friend said I could stain the door myself.  So I found directions,  read the numerous steps that had to be done, and elected to find a painter.
     The first two I called did not want to do the door because it required a certain touch, and they were uncomfortable.
     The third painter promised three times to come, but never showed.
     So I decided to do it myself.  I went to the paint store we used, directions in hand, explained my plight and asked if I could do it myself.
     The lady said, "Yes, but I have one question.  Do you want it to look nice?"
     Since I said yes, she suggested I have it hired out and gave me some names.
     The first man I called came, gave an estimate, said he would be back on a Monday, was here, did the door, came back three times to seal and clean up.  He probably spent 20 hours on the project.
     I think it looks great.
     Now the interior looks complete.
     This year we have put in new kitchen counter tops, had a back splash installed, stained the front door and planted three trees.
     I am crossing things off my list....and  mainly, I am writing a lot of checks!
     But that's fine by me, because sometimes I just don't know my limitations....and that can be very, very bad.
     So, here's the door.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome Article The Door Looks Good Terry !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice of the lady at the store to give you some names rather than just selling the supplies and calling it a day. I think the professional you hired did a great job with your front door. It seems like you are getting things done little by little, and there is nothing wrong with hiring professionals to take on the jobs.

    ReplyDelete