Sunday, September 25, 2016

500 miles...not just a folk song

Well, we finally hit the road

     Stuff happens.  So our 10 a.m. planned departure was actually 2 p.m.
     But that is not all bad.  We had a six hour drive, or five hours.  I don't remember it has been so long.
     We relied on our telephone to navigate for part of the way, and my amazing recall for the rest.
     Pretty simple...88 to 294, 294 to 80-94, 80 to 90 and here's Toledo.  Easy.
     I always get distracted by the road signs....quiz later.
     Seriously, there will be a quiz.
     So when 89/94 split, I missed that sign.
     We got off 94 in a little town called Portage and programmed the phone in the parking lot of a Luke's gas station.
     Following the directions, we ended up getting back on 94 eastbound, which did not seem right.
     So we got off, reentered, got off at exit 149 and ended up in.....Portage.  Stopped in Luke's gas station and asked for directions.
     Two left turns we were back on the road.
     We went back to using the phone.
     We plugged in the address and followed directions, getting off at Exit 52.
     We spent the next 25 minutes driving through corn country!  There were not even streetlights!
      I swear I saw three cows and a couple of buffalo.  Maybe there was one moose, I am not sure.
But we were guided right to the motel, following about 76 turns.  We actually passed over 90 three times!
     Now, the hotel is located next to the tollway...literally a Kris Bryant home run away.
     I mentioned to the clerk about our journey.  She was surprised, because the hotel is at Exit 59.
     And poeple wonder why I hate technology.
     Ok, here is the quiz.
     I am going to give the name of the company or slogan listed on the billboard.  See if you can match that  to the actual business.
1.    Balls to the Walls
2     Get Metal
3     Miss Pamela's
4     Skyboxx
5     Cutting Taxes

Here are your choices:
A.     A plus size shop for bridal gowns
B.     State of Indiana
C.     Gentleman's club....all lap dances $10
D.    Wallpaper store
E.     Indiana Lotto

Ready?   Stand on your head to read the answers upside down.
1-D; 2-E;   3-A;    4-C;    5-B.
If you got 100 percent, I commend you.   Or pity you, I am not sure.
As Willie sang.....on the road again, I can't wait to get on the road again....

No comments:

Post a Comment