Thursday, September 22, 2016

holy cow

I really get confused about news

     I know Yahoo is a popular choice, but if you want real news, it may be lacking in content.
     It's good to know about Brad and Jolie....or the Kardashians.  It may
divert us from the other news, like the hundreds of refugees missing after their boat overturned off the coast of Egypt.
     A big story on Yahoo was Jennifer Lawrence's new hairdo.
     A new siege of Aleppo?  Won't read that on Yahoo.
     Maybe that's what people want.  Maybe we are tired of reading about the problems on the world, but there is plenty of terrible news on Yahoo too.
As king, I would make new news outlets.  A serious one that deals with world problems, a crime outlet, a political outlet, a news section that deals with the really weird news, like sink holes or animals acting strangely.  And finally, a funny news outlet, where when you read a story, you just laugh.
     In the meantime, I'll be checking out BBC and its world news on the web, and just to make sure I know about Jolie and Brad, I'll check the Yahoo site too.
     Maybe I'll be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment