Friday, September 30, 2016

looking for fall

We were  on the road again

     We spent a couple of hours at Shelburne Farms this morning, taking a last look.  Then we drove a little over a mile to Shelburne Museum.
     Now the funny thing is I think we went to Shelburne Museum in 1983, the only time we have been to Vermont.  Jackie does not think we have been here.   But I have a vivid memory of the Ticonderoga steam ship, which can only be seen at this museum.  Emily?  Julia?  Either of you remember??
     When I get home I will look through photo books....if I can find them.
     Anyway, Shelburne is like Midway Village or Old World Wisconsin.  There is a tie in to Shelburne Farms, because the same family started both.  They were pretty rich.
     Here are some pictures from today....some are even in focus!!

I swear, we have been here before!

Aboard the Ticonderoga....who is the man in the mirror?

Just like Jonamac!



message on the school wall

We found a covered b ridge at the museum

I love the symmetry

This was a toy a man carved for his kids....over 3,600 individual pieces

This is another circus carved by a man over 40 years.  It is over 500 feet long and really cool!

There is a train there too

Museum had a special display of old time circus posters

Is this a personal comment?


Made a new friend today.....

I love the round barn




No comments:

Post a Comment