Tuesday, September 27, 2016

chancey showers

I saw Niagra Fallls today

     It was in our hotel room, near the falls.
     It was a reainy day.
     But the outside showers were not the only issue.
     Monday morning our shower was so weak, it took forever for the water to cover my rather rotund figure.  Seriously, I have seen more powerful showers in every other room I have ever stayed in.  It was not a great shower experience.
       But it beat today's  by a mile.
     We are staying in accessible rooms.  This means they have wider door frames and low entry showers.
     In theory, that is great.
     So, Jackie took her shower today.  Powerful shower.  Best shower in the world.  No one can make a shower better.  Sorry, I did watch the debates.
     Anyway, she gets done and yells , "Terry, there is water on the floor."
     And it was on the floor.  In the bathroom.  In the hall.  In the closet.,  A lot of water.  Maybe a quarter inch in the corners.
     So I started sweeping it toward the floor drain.  After about 20 minutes, I had most, not all, the water swept up.,  Jackie was getting dressed.  I had to perform my normal bathroom morning routine.  As I am sitting on the pot, there is a pounding on the door.  Jackie can't hear it because she is running the hair dryer plus she has not gotten dressed yet.
     TMI....so I will quit there.
     I eventually let the maintenance man in, who has a bunch of towels.  I explain the water just didn't hit the floor drain.
     His response:  It happens all the time.  The floor has settled and the shower drains away from the floor drain.  And now water was dripping down into the meeting room below.
     When it was my turn to shower, I used as little water as possible.  A navy shower....turned the water off, lathered up, turned the water on to rinse.
On our way out of the hotel, I again apologized and the clerk actually said, "Don't worry.  It happens every time someone runs the shower."
     Really?  Maybe you should not rent the room.
     Met a real nice man in Lake George NY tonight.  Jackie and I went to an Italian restaurant, but there were too many steps, so we left.  We passed a young guy and he asked if the food was good, we said we didn't know and explained why.  He told us about another restaurant about 3 miles down the road that was on a level basis.
     He was a strong looking young guy.  He went into the restaurant and we went to the car where   Jackie promptly lost her balance and lay down in the parking lot.  No injuries.  It was a soft landing.
     I went into the restuarant, saw the guy and said, "Could you do me another favor?  My wife is laying in the parking lot and I can't pick her up."
     Like I said, he was a strong guy.
     All is well that ends well.
     The restaurant he recommneded was great.
     And now, some pictures.

Here I am at Niagara Falls

Really? This was at a drinking fountain!

A lock on the Erie Canal

Followed the numerous signs to the Erie Canal Historical center. 






fall display..... the yellow tape means it is closed.  Very secure system.


Lake George

Ahoy matey!

This is a local name for small laugh... fitting for me

No comments:

Post a Comment