Sunday, February 21, 2016

Lassie...Timmy's in the well!!??

I got a scare tonight

     I was downstairs watching a movie and Jackie was upstairs watching a special.
     The family that watches tv together, sometimes gets board with choices.
     I was in the middle of Philomena when I heard this screaming from upstairs.  Corki was with me (of course) and heard it too.
     We both raced upstairs, me expecting to have to pick up Jackie.
     There she was, sitting in a chair, laughing hysterically at the tv show.
     It was a special on James Burrows, who has now directed 1,000 episodes in a 40 year career.
     Jackie was laughing at the scene from Taxi where Jim Ignatowski is trying to pass the driver's test and Alex and the crew try to help him.
     "What does a yellow light mean?"
     If you have never scene it, it has to be on U Tube.  Everything else is.
     I finished my movie and watched the last 5 minutes of the special and realized how special this director is and how much he has been in our lives.
     Mary Tyler Moore Show, Taxi, Cheers, Frasier, Big Bang, Mike and Molly, Friends ... and so many more that have provided me with so many laughs.
     And the great character actors....Danny Devito, Ted Danson, Rhea Pearlman,  Mary Tyler Moore, David Hyde Pierce, Kelsey Grammer,  all come to mind.
     And the characters.... Norm, Jim Ignatowski, Bing, Alex, Cliff, Niles, Frasier, Mary, Sheldon.... the list goes on.
     Watching the ending I sort of regretted not seeing the whole show, just to visit with friends that have been a part of my life.
     By the way, Philomena was a heck of a great story too.

No comments:

Post a Comment