Wednesday, September 16, 2015

what a powerful day

I have a new power washer

     I bought it at a big box store at a great price....$99.
     It was kind of an impulse buy....I saw it on sale for $40 off, so I bought it.
     I went to register the product today...on line... and here it said model number, a drop down menu appeared.  I looked, but could not find my model number...which is 150 blah blah blah.  I found a 130 blah blah blah so I registered as that and called customer service.
     It was the longest intro.  They gave directions in English, French and Spanish!  French!!  I guess the company does a lot of business in Canada, and Mexico, and parts in between.
     Anyway, the nice lady I talked to said that was ok, as long as the serial number was correct...which it was.
     Why am I using so many....?
     I have read the directions twice.  I have run across the phrase:  "Do not store power washer in freezing temperatures as the unit will freeze and not work."
     Deja vu, all over again.
     My last power washer sat in the garage all winter, despite the warnings about leaving it in a garage that was unheated. I have learned my lesson!
     As soon as it gets cool, I am putting that puppy in the basement.
     As I was power washing my lawn mower and some patio furniture, the thought hit me.
     Why the hell do I need a power washer?
     I am afraid to use it on the cars and I can't use it on the siding.
     I can, however, wash my patio in the spring and clean my mower every time I use it.
     So I guess I am a happy person, somewhat.
    And I admit, a Cub win and a couple of glasses of Swiss red have put me in a mellower state of mind.
     So tomorrow I will look for things to power wash.
     World, beware.


No comments:

Post a Comment