Sunday, May 10, 2015

where to go...what to eat

We usually go out for dinner on my birthday

     And that happens to be tomorrow.
     In answer to the question, "Where do you want to go?"......... I am stumped.
     We had steaks today.  (Fresh ones, not ones left in a car for 18 hours.  and DJ, I don't know what they do when they age beef.  They air dry it, or something.  Mine was car dried...except it wasn't dry.)
We had a big dinner partly because it was Mother's Day, but mainly because Bob and Anita are in from California and they came out with Judy.  (For those non Dickow knowers, Bob and Judy are Jackie's siblings, Anita is Bob's wife.)
     Emily and John also were here, so it was a fun day catching up, seeing pictures of what California living is like, and just visiting.
     The down side...we did watch the Cubs and Bulls lose.
     We had Mexican Thursday, pizza Saturday night...... I don't have a taste for anything locally.
Heaven on Seven in Naperville would be nice.... barbecue is the theme.  But it's a long way to go for supper.  Diamond Dave's in Rockford, maybe.
     Not a big chain fan, although I do get a senior discount at Denny's..... but it's not a special day type restaurant.
     I'm thinking Stone Eagle in Rockford.  Variety, nice atmosphere..... good food.
     I do get a free piece of chocolate cake at Portillo's.... but again, it's a place we go to a lot.
     So, here's my challenge: Make a suggestion.  Post it in the comment section. Help me out a little bit here.
     I hope all the moms out there had a great day... to be honest, it is days like this I do miss my mom and think of her.
     She was a funny lady, I mean she had a good sense of humor.  She fought a long battle with breast cancer, but never gave up.
     She was lousy with a checkbook.  Every couple of years we would just close out the account she was using and move to another bank.  It was the only way to balance her checkbook.
     She would round entries off.  If she wrote a check for  $24.50. she would round it to $20.  A $26 check would be rounded to $30.  It was always amazing when we closed an account that what she thought she had was pretty close to what she actually had.
     I suggested Jackie do it that way, but no go.
     Anyway, hats off to all moms.
     Peace and sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment